Ouran High School II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ouran High School II

Based off the manga/anime Ouran High School Host Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please take a moment to read the prologue.
Welcome to Ouran! Please take a look around. Don't forget to sign up!
Everyone, before applying to get an Apartment. Please.
Read the rules all the way to the end.
Also, please specify the number of the apartment you want.
If anyone recruited a member please go click on recruits in the welcome box
or under Important Announcements (located in the New Students section).
All posted should be 15 characters or more. If not, it will be deleted! Please make sure that you keep everything pg-13!

The Park Lake

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kuro Hatori
Sensei
Kuro Hatori

Wallet
Cash: $35

The Park Lake Empty
PostSubject: The Park Lake   The Park Lake I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:23 am

The Lake
Back to top Go down
maori kareara
New Student
maori kareara

The Park Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Park Lake   The Park Lake I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:30 pm

Without you here
everything is gray
The color faded
when you packed your bags
And you drove away....

Maori walked along the lake's edge, bumping a soccer ball ahead of her slow moving feet as a gentle wind played with the ends of her hair. The water lapped methodically against the man-made edge - or what she took for man-made anyhow - and added another soothing note to spring's melodic tempo. The young girl paused, balancing the ball in the cradle of her ankle and upraised toe of her Nikes, and looked out over the rippling waters. Glinting in the light of the noonday sun, the water looked cool and inviting, just begging for her to jump in. She wanted to, it had been so long since she had gone swimming, but it wouldn't be acceptable. Because this is a park. She told herself, but the truth was, it wasn't home. This was a maintained lake, not a cow pond. This was a park, not the back forty. The teenager shook her head, turning her attention back to the soccer ball she had almost forgotten.

Bouncing the ball up against her chest and then her knee, Maori cast it a few yards in front of her and continued on in her monotonous walk. Step, step, nudge. Step, step, nudge. Again and again, slowly but surely falling into a hypnotic pattern.

Finally, she flopped down in the grass, tired of walking; of moving. Maori sighed, closing her eyes and imagining herself back at home. She wasn't at some park, she was out in the pasture, and there were horses grazing around her and somewhere close by Pepper the boarder collie was chasing the calves. Summoned from her memory, the low nickers and whinnies of mares and foals drifted across her ears. The tender music that spoke a mother's love for her babies. Mother... Behind her eyelids, the world was splattered with red as if someone had splashed thick paint across a canvas. The night was awash in flashing lights and sirens that split her skull with anguish and loss.

Her eyes flew open and she sat up gingerly, running a slender hand through her dark hair. The lake still played its soothing lullaby, and the wind still whispered in her ear. As a habit often performed, Maori locked away her nightmarish memories one by one. Shoving them into a box and locking it tight before hiding it in the shadows of her subconscious. She couldn't go there. Not now. Not ever.

Maori pushed herself up, tipping the soccer ball onto the toe of her shoe and bouncing it in the air before catching it again on her toe. Out loud she counted, letting the hypnotic rhythm clear her mind, "One.. Two.. Three.. Four.."

It's hard to act
like everything's the same
The closest I can get to you
is in this frame....
Back to top Go down
Tsubame Feng
New Student
Tsubame Feng

Wallet

The Park Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Park Lake   The Park Lake I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:54 pm

The Park Lake 33o1emo "San" six months old; she wears a bandanna too

Finally it's saturday... But... everyone's busy... Tsubame sat in his dorm not knowing how to spend his well deserved day off. The sound of a deep bark shattered his bad mood instantly. "San!" His precious white haired german shepherd burst into the room as soon as the door unlatched. Full of energy, the dark haired young man figured he should take her for a walk at least. There's the lake I went to once. Perhaps I can also go jogging... That be nice and San has yet to sniff around there. As if howling in agreement, San feverishly barked and stood by the door. After he had changed clothes and packed some water-bottles and other small things in his pack, he gathered up his ipod and hooked San up on her leash.

The silver eyes boy had been jogging for awhile with his adored pet literally pulling him forward. But at the rapid pace San set Tsubame only ran a few miles before needing to halt her and catch his breath. They were only about a mile away from the watery sanctuary that was his goal. It was about noon but the air was still cool enough, Tsubame didn't overheat. The boy sat on the bench he found and let San drink from a bowl he kept in a backpack. Finally looking upwards, the young man noticed the sky itself. Even though it was bright and somewhat warm, it was clear easy air to breathe. Unlike that of his hometown in Xi'an.

The boy from China looked over at San and the intricate bandanna she wore. His sister and mother made it for him to put on San. It was the traditional red, with golds and greens, oranges and blues embroidering the edges. San, herself, was also a gift from his father so as not to forget them. "How could I forget?" He chuckled with a wide grin stretching upon his sweat ridden face as he ruffled the fur that grew from her soft head. This expression was a privilege only those he loved could know. Wo zhende xiang jie nimen... He whispered in his mandarin tongue before beginning to jog again.

Upon arrival, Tsubame noticed he wasn't alone. There was already someone here. He could faintly hear their voice and it seemed high pitched enough to most likely be a female's. She seemed to kick a soccer ball mindlessly or just repetitively on her foot. Oh how Tsubame loved soccer. Before he went to go introduce himself, San jerked forward so fast, she actually caught the poor young man off guard enough to break free of his hold and pounce the unsuspecting girl. "Saaaannnnn!!!!" He hollered after her at a good sprint.
Back to top Go down
maori kareara
New Student
maori kareara

The Park Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Park Lake   The Park Lake I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:05 am

Without you here
everything is gray
The color faded
And you drove away....

She had gotten all the way to fifty when she heard a cry echo across the field and meet her ears. It took the girl a second to realize it wasn't directed at her, rather at the streak of white racing toward her. Oh great... Maori thought glumly, the soccer ball - now forgotten - landing with a thud in front of her where her foot was supposed to have been waiting. She had thought she could at least get one day of good practice in before she had to go home, but apparently her bad luck was striking again.

As the creature drew nearer, Maori could recognize it as a dog of some sort. And it was not small thing either. Oh no, this was a big dog that would easily knock her around, especially charging at her at such a speed. The highschool student tried to brace herself for the impact she knew was coming. Her last thought before she closed her eyes and raised her arms to shield her face being how much she wished she hadn't left her own dog, Alaric, at her grandparent's house that day...

It's hard to act
is in this frame....
Back to top Go down
Tsubame Feng
New Student
Tsubame Feng

Wallet

The Park Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Park Lake   The Park Lake I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:03 am

Even as impressive as a runner as the black haired boy, he was not match for his four-legged companion. San had broken into almost a full on sprint towards the stranger. Of course, she was a gentle dog, and was going to do no more than a tackle and lick the poor girl to death. San was within jumping distance of the girl. "Saaannn!!! Down girl, right now!" Tsubame's voice thundered. The white haired dog responded obediently by immediately slowing down and turning to face his still sprinting owner. Finally, he swiped the young dog's leash before panting out his apologies.

"Whew. I'm sorry for that. She loves meeting new people and she's still just a pup-" He stopped mid-sentence after finally getting a good look at the girl. She had beautiful dark hair and burning gold eyes. After a few seconds he managed to tear his eyes away from the girl before him as he looked at her soccer ball that had rolled off. Using somewhat fancy foot-work, Tsubame rolled the ball back to her feet. "So... umm.. What's your name?" His tone was quiet and held an underlying nervous tone to it, for he was usually not the type to talk first. Especially since he didn't look as sharp as usual being just in his running tank-top and cargo shorts.
Back to top Go down
maori kareara
New Student
maori kareara

The Park Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Park Lake   The Park Lake I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:41 pm

Without you here
everything is gray
The color faded
And you drove away....

"Down girl, right now!"

The voice was thunderously loud and demanded obedience. Even Maori felt the sudden need to sit, anything to make this boy seem not so angry. Slowly, he girl lowered her arms, realizing the dog was going to listen to its master. Perhaps it was a good think Alaric wasn't here after all. Seeing how close the snowy creature had gotten... Well, it would be a shame to stain her lovely fur scarlet... Maori shook the flood of memories down that threatened to resurface at the thought of such a bloody color, forcing herself to focus wholly on the boy who was now talking to her and apologizing before letting his explanation drop off rather bluntly. Maori blinked, noticing for the first time how familiar this boy seemed. His gray eyes looked at her, studying her as she studied him. Now where had she seen those eyes before..?

School.... Right. That cursed place where it seemed her name was forever whispered through the halls. Rumors of her father's drug abuse following her here as it had in America. So many people who hissed her family's sins and blamed her for the blight it brought upon the world. The teenager could see it in their eyes when they looked at her. They wanted her gone, away where they didn't have to see her anymore.

"Oh that's fine..." Maori said softly, her cheeks blushing as she quickly looked away. This boy didn't belong to her nonexistent social circle. He belonged to the circles that glared at her and whispered their insults behind her back. So why was he talking to her now? Why did he call off his dog? Wouldn't he have gotten a laugh from seeing the animal tear into her? These people confused her, but perhaps it was simply her that was confused. Maybe her take on the world was just to warped for her to ever truly understand what 'normal' might be. But then the boy was asking her name and Maori couldn't help but feel insulted. "Maori... Maori Kareara..?" She glanced between him and the ground, nudging the soccer ball he had returned to her around with her toe. "I'm in your class..." It was muttered under her breath, but the girl had a feeling he would hear anyway. When has luck ever been on her side?

The wind curled around her cheeks, still playing with her hair, and sent a slight chill down her arms left uncovered by the blue and white striped tank top she wore with a pair of running shorts that stopped a little above mid-thigh. Maori rubbed her upper arms absently, still looking at the ground as if staring into the grass might make this entire situation vanish and she could go back to practicing with her soccer ball. However, the boy didn't vanish, and she stood there feeling awkward and strangely cornered by this boy who hadn't known her name.

It's hard to act
is in this frame....
Back to top Go down
Tsubame Feng
New Student
Tsubame Feng

Wallet

The Park Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Park Lake   The Park Lake I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:36 pm

An underlying hint in the girl's voice was as if she was offended by his question. After he fed San a treat, he noticed she had re-continued her soft kicking of the soccer ball. Maori Kareara... The silver eyed boy recognized the name. I'm in your class. She muttered so quietly Tsubame almost didn't catch it. Finally it all linked. "Ah, you're the quiet one who sits by the window staring out into the scenery. Sometimes I wonder if you even pay any attention at all and then when asked a question you can still get it right." He chuckled. Sure he heard all the rumors about her family. Her dad's being a druggie, her mom this, her family that, but what did he care? They're just rumors right?

The girl shivered slightly before rubbing her arms. Tsubame was smart but dense sometimes. Not taking the hint that she basically pleaded to be alone, the tall chinese boy snatched the soccer ball right under Maori's feet. "Past that tree over there is the goal!" He shouted over his shoulder indicating a tree about a hundred feet away. Not even within sixty feet of the tree, he kicked it with all of his might, like a human sledgehammer ramming the ball way across the finish line. He didn't care if his classmate even attempted to follow him he just loved soccer, and so did San as she panted after the ball and brought it back after attacking it. Tsubame knelt down to rub San's fur as a thanks for returning the ball.
Back to top Go down
maori kareara
New Student
maori kareara

The Park Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Park Lake   The Park Lake I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:25 am

Without you here
everything is gray
The color faded
And you drove away....

The quiet one who sat by the windows... Yep, that sounded about right. "Yea..." She nudged the ball again, her voice quiet. Maori repressed the urge to sigh at his assessment of her, knowing he was right and being amazingly kind compared to a few other classmates who she could have met that day. He even had a dog, so maybe he wasn't all that bad after all. She thought about that for a moment, quickly deciding she wouldn't get her hopes up too soon. Sure he was friendly enough now, but people could change right in front of your eyes, and Maori was determined not to be tricked into believing this young man was someone he wasn't.

"Past that tree over there is the goal!" Tsubame cried, giving Maori just enough time to look up before he kicked the ball well beyond the "goal". The young dog chased after it, barking merrily as she ran to retrieve the projectile. Her classmate knelt to pet his dog lovingly, rewarding her for bringing back the toy. "I didn't know you played..." Maori prompted, watching the boy with his companion and wishing she had Al with her.

It's hard to act
is in this frame....
Back to top Go down
Tsubame Feng
New Student
Tsubame Feng

Wallet

The Park Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Park Lake   The Park Lake I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:42 pm

I didn't know you played... Tsubame barely caught her almost inaudible sentence over San's heavy panting. Standing up with the ball covered in slobber, he smiled a wide grin towards her. "Yes, I love soccer. Back home we used to play it all the time. It's basically required to play if you're an athlete. Even though, our national soccer team isn't even adequate." San barked begging for another go around with the ball. "And San loves it too." He chuckled rubbing her head roughly. Times like this really brought the grey eyed boy back. Back home, in Xi'an. The weather was hot, and the backyard games hotter. Tsubame sighed contently. "So. You wanna join us or no?" He said as he dropped the ball for San.
Back to top Go down
maori kareara
New Student
maori kareara

The Park Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Park Lake   The Park Lake I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Without you here
everything is gray
The color faded
And you drove away....

Tsubame changed when he spoke about where he came from. Nothing spectacularly obvious, but his eyes grew a bit warmer and his voice a bit more gentle. He reminded Maori more of a person than a mindless student who would gossip at the first chance. Then again, she had been wrong before...

"So. You wanna join us or no?" The teenager hesitated, watching the ball where it landed. On one hand she could either agree to play a game of soccer and better her skills as an athlete even though she was already considerably skilled, and maybe even make a friend in the process. While on the other hand she could say no and maybe preserve the image her classmate seemed to have of her as the "girl who sat and stared out the window", but bypass the risk of setting herself up for failure. Why not... She finally sighed inwardly.

Her foot darted out and nudged the ball onto her toe before she kicked it over San's head and behind the snowy creature. Maori quickly followed the projectile and nudged it onto her toe, once again balancing it in the curve of her ankle. "If it goes in the lake, you're buying me a new ball." Maori challenged before tossing the ball up to bounce it on her knee before allowing it to meet the ground again. She then kicked it forward, heading for a tree that was a few yards behind Tsubame. However, instead of getting closer, she simply lined up her shot and sent the ball flying for the 'goal'. "My point." She said coyly, a small smile tugging at the corner of her lips as the ball rolled to a stop a few yards passed the tree. The young woman placed her hands on her hips, obviously waiting for her classmate to make the next play.

It's hard to act
is in this frame....
Back to top Go down
Tsubame Feng
New Student
Tsubame Feng

Wallet

The Park Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Park Lake   The Park Lake I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:18 pm

If it goes in the lake, you're buying me a new ball. The dark haired boy chuckled. "Then don't kick it in there!" He laughed joking about his boasted skill level as he accepted the challenge. It had been awhile since he really played with anyone, this was going to be fun. His silvery eyes watched her somewhat intently as she kneed the ball bumping it as if she were testing it. She reared her leg back, before launching the ball in Tsubame's direction. It was too high for a kick, too low for a head-but, and too wide for chest bump. He'd actually have to go fetch it. Turning to see it's landing place, San had already gone to retrieve it. My point, Tsubame only caught the fading of her smirk as she placed her hands on her hips in anticipation of his next play.

Damn. She's actually pretty good. "That was a nice kick for such a small girl." He smirked. The boy himself, was pretty tall leveling off at about six foot three, and slender as he was, it was all bone with a solid muscle coating. San returned the ball to Tsubame's feet. "Alright, the tree I designated as goal earlier. Let's go." He said before all emotion on his face was wiped clean as his jaw clenched and eyes narrowed even more so in concentration. The tall chinese boy punted the ball at least half the distance of the field before sprinting after it.
Back to top Go down
maori kareara
New Student
maori kareara

The Park Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Park Lake   The Park Lake I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:49 pm

Without you here
everything is gray
The color faded
And you drove away....

Maori gave a sarcastic curtsey to Tsubame's comment, flipping her dark ponytail over her shoulder and brushing some bangs from her eyes. "It was, wasn't it." She teased, wondering where the boldness was coming from. Wondering what had made her accept his challenge in the first place. After all, it was her ball, she could have just picked it up and walked away. But then he was moving, preparing for his offensive.

The girl began to move toward him with the mindset that she would pluck the ball from his foot, but when he pulled back she skidded to a stop and sprinted back toward her goal. So he was just going to use his strength to send the ball flying huh? Well that was fine, this way she wouldn't have to wrestle the ball from him. She finally reached the ball and turned it back toward Tsubame's goal. Without hesitating she rushed forward, knowing she had to get as close to the goal before he was there to try and take the ball. Even though she was small and agile, the much larger boy's strength and size would make him formidable. However, the game wasn't over just yet, and her face set in a mask of grim determination as she rushed him. Oh it's on...

It's hard to act
is in this frame....
Back to top Go down
Tsubame Feng
New Student
Tsubame Feng

Wallet

The Park Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Park Lake   The Park Lake I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 12:04 pm

The dark haired girl had spunk, and skills to back it. By the time he had shot the ball halfway across the field, within a matter of seconds Maori had already retrieved the soccer ball and was sprinting back towards him. Fully prepared to block and snag it from her, he sprinted towards her. Giving her no time to react he pulled a fake-out as if he was going to kick it with his right foot, he purposely kicked over the ball so he would turn and let his left foot kick it out of her way. As soon as it was away from their feet's tango, he turned back around to face it before he began kicking it as he traveled with it across the field at an impressive speed. Finally within about twenty yards of the his goal he kicked the ball square in the center sending the projectile far past the goal again. Not quite as impressive when he had more time to wind up, but the girl was was on his heels the whole time, preying on every opportunity she could, but alas, it was in vain. "My point." He smirked as San retreived the ball for Maori.
Back to top Go down
maori kareara
New Student
maori kareara

The Park Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Park Lake   The Park Lake I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 3:50 pm

Without you here
everything is gray
The color faded
And you drove away....

Maori stumbled as Tsubame's massive frame easily moved her aside in order for him to take the ball. She scowled, sprinting after him. She dogged his heels, darting from side to side and reaching out her feet in attempts to take the ball and/or trip him up. But as they neared her goal, the young woman knew she wouldn't be able to beat him this round. He took the shot, and killed it. Maori frowned as he echoed her words from moments before back at her. "Just don't get used to it." She replied back, her voice tight with irritation. However, her classmate's maneuver had given her some insight on how he played. He relied on his strength and speed to get the ball, perhaps if she could move just a little bit faster then she would have an easier time? Just stay beneath him... She told herself, a furrow forming between her brows as she concentrated.

As soon as San appeared with the soccer ball, Maori was off. She bumped it with her toe once to get some momentum and then raced after it, catching it before it could even stop rolling. She raced across the field with Tsubame undoubtedly at her heels, though she didn't turn her head to look. The young athlete was relying on hearing and touch to determine where he was in regards to her own position and that of the ball as well. She knew to let him get too close was to lose the ball but to let him get too far away was to lose valuable knowledge of where he was and where he was going to strike in attempts to take the ball. Her was pounding hard in her chest, and a smile spread over her lips unbidden. She really was having fun.

Maori raced forward, her eyes on the goal.

It's hard to act
is in this frame....
Back to top Go down
Tsubame Feng
New Student
Tsubame Feng

Wallet

The Park Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Park Lake   The Park Lake I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:28 am

Don't get used to it. She mused, with what the large male responded to with a hearty laugh. As soon as San retrieved the drool coated ball, Maori snatched it a sprinted for her goal. Caught off guard while petting San his appreciation, the silver eyed boy bolted after her. He had no difficulty catching up with her, his long legs took almost inhuman strides. But they were hard to maneuver with all the extra length against her short lightning quick appendages. Tsubame was focusing but Maori moved to quickly. If he wasn't careful he'd end up mowing over the poor girl. He kept his distance before springing in a few times only to her blocking him with her body. However, San couldn't stand herself and raced in front of the lean bodied boy causing him to trip over her. He quickly recovered, but even with his incredible speed, all he could do was try to block her potential kick. He gave it his all to hurry and try to block the ball in anyway possible.

Breathing hard, his limbs tingled with adrenaline. How long it had been since someone would practice with him and San.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Park Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Park Lake   The Park Lake I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Park Lake
Page 1 of 1